Thursday, February 9, 2017

Making Fairy Doors

I wanted some fairy doors to use as photo props while we were on vacation.
 As usual, I made them so I got exactly what I wanted.


This oval wooden sign is recycled from an old project. 
The Welding Man cut it in two just off center.



Then I had him trim the edges of one piece. 
Now I have two uniquely shaped doors!

Using the ol' tried and true Elmer's glue and craft paint technique,
 I gave both sides of each door a fine cracked paint finish.

Here's a link to my post about easy crackle paint with Elmer's glue....


Here's how the white crackled side turned out. I glued on the wood shapes for door knobs.

And here's how all four sides turned out. I sealed them with plenty of clear acrylic spray but I don't plan to leave them outside in the weather. These are for photo props!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...