Sunday, July 6, 2014

Packing Crate Table From Kiwi Crates

Can you imagine how excited I was to score these excellent crates from our local grocery store? They are boxes for shipping kiwis and the crafty light bulbs went off in my head so fast when I saw them I could hardly wait to ask about them. And the best thing? 

Totally FREE!


                                 

They are made of pine and measure 2' x 4' x 15" high. I let them bake in the sun for a few days then stacked two and made this table for our carport turned back patio. A few well placed screws made it stable and secure.

                                  

                                  I like the natural wood but I knew I wanted something a little aged. I pulled out the leftover white paint from The Welding Man's shed project. Dry brushing gave me just the right look!

                             

     Oooh aaah!

I removed the side boards from one side of the top crate to make a handy shelf. This table is the perfect size and height for putting my feet up and lounging.

Talk about serendipity!



The back patio is an ongoing project but already things are looking pretty and  inviting. Just a little more blue glass on the shelves....big fat pillows on the day bed...some blue hydrangeas in those ladder baskets...but first, just a little time to relax. With my feet up, of course!

I'll be linking up to these fun linky parties. Come join in the fun!



1 comment:

  1. I like the natural wood but I knew I wanted something a little aged. ... woodencratestable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...