Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Camo Wedding Project

         Sewing for a wedding is daunting and this project was surely that! Most weddings involve lace, taffeta, silk, tuxedos and many little details. But THIS bride wanted a camouflage themed wedding and I worked with her to get a nice look without going overboard into Duck Dynasty country.    



I haven't received photos of the wedding yet, but here are the finished items.



Originally the bride wanted a camo print wedding dress with white satin details but after finding this beautiful gown locally we scaled it back to camo trim at bodice and waist. The sash trails down the back almost three foot and is pretty nice without screaming CAMO! I cut all the camo fabric on the bias so that it lay well and eased into the curves of the dress.


I made three camo print vests, two of which were for the men in the bridal party. But this little tiny vest was for the ring bearer and it turned out cute cute cute! As you can see by the ruler, it is less than twelve inches square. The little buckle on the back really ticked me.


And every bride needs a froufrou girly detail at her wedding, so this garter fits the bill! I layered narrow lace and wider lace and brown satin ribbon for the garter body, then made a pretty little rosette from her camo fabric and some shiny beads. More satin ribbon trims it up with a bow. We were both very pleased with it!



With the brown sash on the flower girl's dress, this project was complete. It was a challenge and fun and totally worth it when it was done! As soon as I receive photos I'll post them right here, but by all accounts it was a very nice and PRETTY wedding. 

And that's exactly the look we were going for.

I'll be joining the linky parties in my sidebar. Come visit!

2 comments:

  1. She was so lucky to have you as the seamstress. you took the basic idea and made it very classy!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camouflage Wedding Dresses
    I like the 2nd pink because I really like the white overlay!
    The gold really pops! So sparkly

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...