Sunday, September 2, 2012

Zen Stone Stacks



What do you do when you go on a family vacation? Besides have loads of fun we like to leave a bit of whimsy behind with water smoothed stones put together in zen stacks.


The acts of collecting and carefully balancing the stones are contemplative and patient endeavors. Also, fun!


Here is the private swimming hole we enjoyed all week. This is a photo downriver. Man, I wish I was still there!


And here is a photo upriver. Can you see the trio of stone towers in this picture?


Here's a single stack up on the beach.


A set of three on some bedrock.



Another trio down by the water.


Can you see the stacks in this picture yet?


Here's a closeup in the morning sun. They are in the lower right of the previous picture. We left over a dozen stone towers for the next guests to find down by the river....


...plus this sweet driftwood heart with a tiny stack right in the middle.


When I got home I wanted a nice reminder of those warm sunny days down by the river. With some E-6000 jewelry adhesive and a bunch of collected river rocks, I now have these beautiful and soothing zen stacks for my master bath. Along with loads of houseplants and a sweet terrarium, they remind me to slow down and just enjoy my days.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about the adhesive. I always end up re-stacking the stones I collect at the beach. blessings, k

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...